PBA Analysis: San Miguel should NOT FIRE coach Leo Austria!

 


If you have been reading my work for the past few years, you should be aware that the title of this article is an irony to what I have been writing about coach Leo.

So, did I change my mind?

Nope. Instead of continuing to push for what I think is a good move for the Beermen, I will just try to reason out why he deserves to stay.

First, why should we blame coach Leo for not even reaching the Finals if his MVP, Junemar Fajardo, was only about 70% of his usual self? 

It is not as if he does not have a plethora of other superstars in his line-up. I mean, are CJ Perez, Terrence Romeo, Chris Ross, Marcio Lassiter, Alex Cabagnot, Arwind Santos and Moala Tautuaa, stars and still playing like stars?

I mean, those seven guys are easily outside the top 4 most powerful cores in the league, right? 

Also, coach Leo Austria employs a very comprehensive offensive scheme to fit a team with "limited" firepower. I mean, you watched the semis, right? 

You saw their beautiful "passing" that most of the time, ends in an isolation play of Terrence Romeo or CJ Perez?

I do not think there is enough reason to move on from coach Leo. The moment Fajardo returns to 100%, San Miguel will surely win another crown.

The question is, what if Fajardo never return to 100%?


Comments