UAAP Basketball Controversy: Coach Aldin Ayo to the PBA?




Was this a free-willed resignation or was the result of the investigation? That was the question that came into my mind after I found out about the resignation of coach Aldin Ayo.

His resignation came a few hours after it was reported that the group led by the UAAP board that investigated the Bicol-bubble, proposed sanction against coach Aldin Ayo. In the most recent report, the strength and length of the sanction were not yet revealed.

In the resignation letter of coach Aldin, I think the most crucial part was this, 

I take responsibility for my actions and shall face the appropriate sanctions. And I shall go to a personal retreat. I thank the UST community for their faith and continued support for the team. I ask for prayers that they, as well as I, may be able to recover from these trying times.

In a way, it implies that he was really the brain behind the Sorsogon bubble and that he is planning to stay out of basketball coaching, in the near future.

Now, rumors of a return to Letran were quickly shut down by Mr. Al Francis Chua, recognized as the top decision-maker of the program, at this point. It was very telling when Mr. Chua said, "not under my watch". They do not want him there, period.

So, if NCAA is not available and UAAP may not allow him to coach for a while, where is the best destination for coach Aldin?

Yes, the PBA.

Coach Aldin has been the most successful local coach in the amateur ranks in the last several years. He is also very young, giving him the enormous potential to be something special in the professional ranks.

The question now is, is he interested?

Comments

  1. ROS should take Aldin.. mas OK pa to compare kay Caloy... hahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment