PBA Trade Target Suggestion for Magnolia, Rain or Shine, NLEX: Pingris' successor

 


When it was announced that January 4, 2021, will be the day for the PBA to allow trades, I thought we will be having a lot of trades at this point.

That has not materialized. So, let me give my trade target suggestions for every team. Let us start with NLEX, Magnolia and Rain or Shine.

NLEX Road Warriors
Knowing that at least two premium young players will come from the draft, NLEX should try to fix the holes in their team through trade. And I think the center rotation of NLEX will need good bodies, very soon.

How about Kelly Nabong? I believed coach Yeng Guiao is the kind of coach that can control Kelly. He will also fit right away with the ideal bigman type of coach Yeng because he plays physically and can hit three-pointers.

Rain or Shine
Looking at the playing style of Rain or Shine and their current roster, I expect them to look for a guard in the PBA draft. Although, I still think that they can still add one more guard through trade because their rotation is really shallow.

How about Mike DiGregorio?  He can shoot the ball. He plays very well in half-court. And Rain or Shine is a very slow team. 

Magnolia Hotshots
Magnolia does not need a guard. Magnolia badly needs a shooter. Their frontline is also questionable because of the age of Rafi Reavis and Marc Pingris.

So, do we have a guy that will fit all those things? I think Ginebra has one of them. I am talking about Prince Caperal who shot 46% from beyond the arc in the PBA bubble. If Ginebra makes a big trade and they need a conduit, Magnolia should offer themselves and target Prince. 

Unless Magnolia can convince the management to give them Standhardinger.

Comments