PBA Power Ranking: The Top 10 2021 Rookie of the Year contenders!


The 2021 draft was so hyped. The question now is, will they meet the expectations?

I am pretty sure the 2021 rookie of the year satisfied the cravings of his fans. Who will be that guy? 

Here are my top 10 candidates.

#10 Andre Paras
Opportunity is crucial in winning the plum. And the way Blackwater management spoke about Andre, I am pretty sure they will give him as much as possible.

#9 Franky Johnson
Johnson ended up with a team that actually needs his scoring and firepower. So, there is a chance that he can secure a big role and provide high numbers to be considered for the award.

#8 Larry Muyang
Muyang will be part of the loaded frontline of Phoenix. Although, Phoenix does have starting bigs with injury concerns that will open an opportunity for Muyang.

#7 James Laput
Size always puts up numbers in the PBA. Unless you are a bust just like Jericho de Guzman and Sam Eman. I am more hopeful about Laput because of his quickness and work ethic.

#6 Jamie Malonzo
I do not think Malonzo will have a big role right away but I do trust his skill level to be a big part of Northport.

#5 Ben Adamos
Even though I was not a fan of Alaska choosing Adamos at #6, I think Ben has a good chance of putting up numbers. The frontline rotation of Alaska is also shallow that Ben may end up as a starter in his rookie year.

#4 Calvin Oftana
Oftana was not an NCAA MVP for nothing. If Kiefer Ravena really ends up flying to Japan, Oftana may suddenly become the main guy of NLEX. And I think he is fine with that role.

#3 Alvin Pasaol
Coach Norman Black is known to open up minutes for rookies who play well. He did that with his son and Bong Quinto. Pasaol though has a much higher potential than those two. I mean, Alvin can be their main scorer, right away!

#2 Joshua Munzon
This is the easiest one. Munzon will takeover the role of CJ Perez who averaged ridiculous numbers with Terrafirma. Munzon can also do that.

#1 Mikey Williams
Williams is my #1 contender today because I think, he could really be the driver of coach Chot's system. And TNT will be a way much better team than Terrafirma. That will be the reason why Mikey will be chosen over Joshua.

Comments