Gilas Highlights: The 3 Brightest stars of Gilas versus Korea!


 I am pretty sure that almost all members of the Philippine basketball universe were happy with what they saw against Korea! We won!

Now, let me provide a highlight to the three players that I was happiest the most! This is not really about naming the three best players but an accumulation of exceeding expectations, impact on the future of Gilas and of course, their performance.

Actually, there are a lot of positives in the game. Like the consistent three-ball of Kouame, the Puso and clutch genes of Belangel and Abarrientos, the reliability of Ramos and etc.

But for me, these are the top 3.

#3 Kai Sotto is legit
I was really anxious about Kai. Fortunately, he played really well. I mean, he was confident with what he has. He willingly dribbles from the three-point arc up to the rim, without hesitation. Defensively, he knows he was the biggest.

In short, Kai did look to be the most impactful player in the game and if he is really an NBA prospect, he should be, and he did!

#2 Carl Tamayo
Man, I was mesmerized. He only played 10 minutes but he showed everything that I need to see to say that Tamayo could be part of our 2023 team for the FIBA World Cup. He exhibited that he is a legit inside-outside threat for us.

And man, defensively, the guy is a hard worker and could be athletic enough to run against the best of them.

#1 Coach Tab Baldwin
It was not close. Coach Tab was not even coaching his best in that game. What I mean is, he was not 100% coaching to win. He is also coaching to provide experience to his players to help them grow and to try out tactical maneuvers.

I mean, in the 4th quarter alone, I think around 9 players played! And overall, only two guys played more than 25 minutes!

I hope, coach Tab Baldwin can prove to the PBA players and PBA higher-ups during this tournament, that he is the best guy for the job. 

Comments