PBA Analysis: Who should be the face of Converge basketball team?

 


I still cannot get over my happiness after I found out that Converge will be the newest team in the PBA and will be the one to takeover the Alaska franchise.

In a basketball team, one of the most interesting things to talk about is the personality of the face of the squad.

In this past version of the Alaska team, they anointed Jeron Teng as their face. So, it was not surprising when Converge said that they will build around Jeron.

Is Jeron worthy of becoming a face of a PBA team?

He has the looks to be marketable but for the past few years, he has failed to completely reach the level of a top 20 player.

In this Governors' Cup, Jeron produced 12.9 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.3 assists but in 40% shooting from the floor.

His inefficiency has hounded his entire PBA career. And unless he overhauls his entire shot mechanics again, I do not think that will change.

So, who should be the face of this new Converge franchise?

I think, Abu Tratter and Allyn Bulanadi are better candidates. Abu has shown good level of improvements. While Bulanadi is younger.

But, at the top of my list, I think their upcoming top pick in this 2022 draft will be their best option. The upcoming draft could be so deep that their #3 pick can still be on the level of a CJ Perez or Robert Bolick.

Comments