2023 PBA Mock Draft 7.0: Magnolia went for a 6'10 giant!

 


For this edition we utilized a draft order that I adjusted to my projection for this season.

1. DYIP - Sedrick Barefield
I am excited to watch Sedrick play in the basketball league in Taiwan. I am expecting him to dominate and to prove that he has a good case for the #1 pick.

2. ROS - One of Paras/Thirdy/Ramos/Baltazar
My hope that one of them will join the upcoming draft is dwindling. Let us observed the upcoming Japan B League season. If Paras fails to impress in Division 2, he should consider a return to the Philippines. 

3. NOR - Luis Salgado
The hype is also dying for this kid but I think the possibility of watching another Carl Tamayo is interesting enough to keep him this high in the draft.

4. BWE - Keith Datu
I am starting to be interested with what I saw in Datu. I think teams will really salivate in his ability to find his shot. If he can be a pull-up shooter at his height, he can be something.

5. PHX - Zavier Lucero
Lucero actually has the quality to be the top pick of this draft. So, just imagine how deep this current projection of a draft is. Can Phoenix pull another impressive draft by catching the guy that slip?

6. ROS - Juan Gomez de Liano
I am actually impressed with the well-roundedness of the game of Juan in the D League. He produced 8.4 points per game, 6.3 assists per game and 8.4 rebounds per game.

7. NLEX - Brandon Bates
His size in the court is pretty obvious. He has a lot of flaws though like his catching is of the ball is pretty bad. But with his size, he can still be something.

8. MER - Will Gozum
Will is building up his name in his good start in the NCAA. If he managed to get the NCAA MVP plum, I expect his name to catapult in the draft.

9. MAG - CJ Lane
If Magnolia will look for size, Lane can be the best target at this point. He can be the tallest in this draft at 6'10. A good partner to James Laput.

10. NOR - Frank Yu
I think the hype around Yu died down this year but I think a lot will be interested again if he continue to show high steal numbers.

11. BWE - James Kwekuteye
Another interesting big guard is James. Although, it is not good that he is not that dominant in the NCAA. I expected more. But, knowing the connection of Blackwater to the backer of San Beda, this can be the choice.

12. DYIP - Kenmark Carino
Getting a 6'8 center with long arms and has good speed at the last pick of the draft will be a dream for Terrafirma.

Comments