Gilas Controversy: Coach Tab Baldwin has spoken! Coach Chot Reyes was the right choice?

 


This year, there is no argument that the biggest PBA controversy was the switch of the Gilas Pilipinas head coach from coach Tab Baldwin to coach Chot Reyes.

For the majority of the year, coach Tab remained silence and the hate for Gilas head coach and management grew.

The team also received defeats after defeats. Fueling the outcry and negativity towards the national team in basketball of the Philippines.

Finally, coach Tab gave his side of the story. And I think the geeze of the interview is this.

It was also decided to put the program in Chot's hands in order to avoid the dilemma of having two high-profile coaches with differing philosophies potentially working in conflict rather than in harmony.

Although disappointed, I understood the rationale and accepted the decision.

The Gilas management analyzed the situation and they decided that changing coach is the right way to go. But, they chose someone who is also in the same situation as coach Tab. He is handling his own team outside the Gilas squad!

I do not think coach Chot was the right choice. I hope to be proven wrong but with what I saw inside the court and the decisions being made outside the court, I am not hopeful about our campaign for 2023.

I hope I am wrong. I hope my expectation will not happen.

You sent

I hope the Gilas program can turn it around.

Comments