PBA Controversy: Ginebra Justin Brownlee in Philippine Cup? Yes or no?





There is no question in my mind that Justin Brownlee of Barangay Ginebra is more than deserving to get a Philippine citizenship.

It was finally given to him but why just now? The guys has been dominating the PBA for almost a decade now but his naturalization only came when he is already 34 years old and about to leave his prime!

Nevertheless, I am still excited to watch him as the main guy of our national team. His playing style is very team-friendly and I believe that will help Gilas a lot.

Now that he is a naturalize citizen, a new desire sprouted inside Justin Brownlee. He wants to play as a local in teh PBA.

That means he wants to play in the All Filipino Cup! Should the PBA consider allowing naturalized player to play in the Philippine Cup?

I think there are good reasons to allow it but there are also big repercussions if they will allow it. I am pretty sure there are fans out there who values the fact that AFC represents the battle of natural Filipino.

But in my eyes, I am in favor of allowing it because I think, the concept of a tournament of only local players is already outdated. Globalization is better.

Comments