PBA Imports Highlights: Rain or Shine will have a new import!

 


I was really high on Michael Qualls when Rain or Shine got him for this 2023 PBA Governors' Cup. He is really athletic and can really score in the PBA.

Michael ended up leading his team to a winless 0-4 record. He averaged 26.5 points, 33% FG, 11.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.0 steal per game.

As you can see, his efficiency is really bad. I think the biggest problem lies on his fit with the system that coach Yeng is running.

Rain or Shine will bring an import in Greg Smith II. Looking at the information about Greg, there is nothing amazing about him.

In Realgm, he last played professionally in the 2019 season. That is not encouraging because that is four years ago!

Looking at his highlights, I am not encouraged too with what I saw. He is good and seems to be a high IQ guy but in terms of creating his shots and for others, I am not sure he can consistently do it.

I am not also sure about his defense. I think coach Yeng is hoping that an import that will fit better in his system will result to more wins.

I doubt it with Greg Smith. Yes, even with his excellent debut.

Comments