PBA Controversy: Mac Cardona will choose this job over P30,000 monthly salary in the league!



 Recently, the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) was rocked by a statement from Mac Cardona, a veteran player in the league. He drew attention to the salaries that PBA bench players receive, igniting a discussion about the equity of player remuneration in the league.

Cardona’s remarks are as follows:

"When I returned to Global, I got injured, guys. I wasn’t in condition, but they made me play 17. So, I got injured. Before I could return, maybe 1 month. I played 4 games. How much is that. 30K divided by 4. That’s 1 month. But I played for 3 months. I just didn’t cry. I was playing so well then. Coach Eric Gonzales. Shout out to you. I don’t know why you took me out when I was playing so well. You’re from FEU, right. I was just quiet then.

30K bro, I’d rather be a gay for pay."

In his remarks, Cardona shares his experience of sustaining an injury and being sidelined for a month. He notes that he participated in four games and received a salary of 30K, which he jokingly implies is so meager that he would prefer to be compensated by gays.

Cardona’s remarks underscore a significant concern in the PBA: the remuneration of bench players. If the P30,000 monthly salary is still prevalent today, it indeed casts the PBA in a negative light. It prompts questions about the fairness of player remuneration, particularly given the physical demands and risks inherent in professional basketball.

This issue goes beyond just the salaries of the players. It touches on the broader themes of fairness, equity, and the value placed on the players who put their bodies on the line for the sport. It calls for a reevaluation of how the PBA, and perhaps other sports leagues, compensate their players, especially those who may not be in the limelight but contribute significantly to the team’s success. The conversation initiated by Cardona’s remarks could potentially lead to meaningful changes in the PBA’s compensation structure, ensuring that all players are adequately and fairly compensated for their efforts and dedication to the sport.

Related Controversy: PBA Controversy: Mac Cardona's BIG REVELATION!

Comments