I have been one of the biggest believers of Ray Parks. I strongly believed that he will be one of the top 10 players in the PBA, the moment he plays in the court of the league.
So, if Meralco gets him, their talent level will surely increase. But, in terms of fit, I do not think he should be the guy that they target.
They already have Chris Newsome in their wing position, plus a good plethora of role players who are actually good in their jobs.
I am talking about Nico Salva, Jared Dillinger, KG Canaleta, Garvo Lanete, Bong Quinto and even Trevis Jackson.
What they really need to fill in is their big hole in the middle. They need to find a guy that can eat up minutes at the center position and pushed Reynel Hugnatan and Ranidel De Ocampo to the PF position.
So, who is their best targets?
Prince Caperal
Prince Caperal
Yes. I know. He is only a bench player but when he was asked to take more minutes either in Ginebra or in his other past teams, Caperal was actually a respectable player. He is not polished in anything but in terms of fighting off giants and pushing for position inside, he is reliable. Thus, if they want a buy-low, fit-well guy, Caperal should be their target.
Christian Standhardinger/Arwind Santos
If they are serious about competing, they need to make a call for one of Standhardinger and Santos. Yes, it may not be fruitful but at least try. As long as their 2019 1st, Chris Newsome and Cliff Hodge are not involved in the deal, they should be fine.
Both Standhardinger and Santos are capable of battling Fajardo, Aguilar, Slaughter, Erram and all the other giants that are roaming the league.

Comments
Post a Comment