PBA Trade: Predicting the top player/asset of each team that will be traded soon!

 


Today will be the deadline for the submissions of the rookie hopefuls. Today is also considered by a lot of people as the last day for teams to evaluate what they had and make deals.

So, before those trades are revealed. Let me give my prediction of which top players from each team will be traded. 

The process that I did in choosing is weighing rumors, team need and their level as a player. 

Terrafirma - Rashawn McCarthy
He did have friction with the coaching staff during the PBA bubble. Even though he was extended, I expect Terrafirma to encash him, soon.

Northport - Garvo Lanete
The management has spoken that Standhardinger will be retained by the team. Of course, we should not just believe them. We already experience in the past were people in the management deny rumors then it suddenly happen.

Nevertheless, it is most likely now that Northport will just do a small trade and there is a good chance that Garvo will be part of it.

Blackwater - Mac Belo
The buzz continues to persist that the Elite franchise is not fully capable of running their team without help from other squads. Thus, we are expecting them to make a move that will help them finance their operation and I think their best trade chip is Belo.

NLEX - 1st round pick
The contract extensions to the majority of their players made me believe that NLEX would want to give this squad another try after doing some upgrade. And I think, one of their #3 and #4 pick will be utilized in doing the upgrade.

Rain or Shine - Beau Belga
I am considering the acquisition of Bradwyn Guinto as a strong indication that the Elasto Painters will finally grant the wish of Belga to play for another team. I consider Guinto as an underrated player and Rain or Shine has the staff to make him reach his potential.

Magnolia - Jio Jalalon
Magnolia should really consider using one of their premium guards in a trade, to beef up their frontline. Knowing that Barroca and Banchero were the most utilized in the PBA bubble. I thinkSa they will be the safest from the trade. So, Jio could be the guy to be used.

Alaska - Vic Manuel
If not Manuel, who? Even though we heard that Alaska is having a hard time finding an acceptable package for Vic. I think the situation is too toxic for the muscle man to remain there.

San Miguel - Alex Cabagnot
I am pretty confident that the Beermen will use at least one of their core veterans in getting a young star. I am choosing Cabagnot because he is the 2nd oldest and in terms of role, I think he has the least importance.

Meralco - Baser Amer
A change in the story for this offseason for the Meralco Bolts because the rumors about Amer is non-existent. Nevertheless, I still see him as the best bet if a trade happens. 

Phoenix - Alex Mallari
Phoenix was part of the Vic Manuel trade rumors but it seems like it will not happen. Thus, we can only check their rosters and look after the best guy that they can utilize in a trade without losing that much and I think Alex is that guy.

TNT - Simon Enciso
I do know that Troy Rosario is the one that is part of trade rumors but I do not think they will push through with it. I actually think that it is much better for TNT to give up Enciso in exchange for a bigman.

Ginebra - 1st round pick
If Ginebra is not willing to trade any of their current players. We should expect them to maximize their 1st round pick and grab a player that they need. Looking at their current roster, they already have young guys that they need for stabilizing their future. They may want a veteran to further boost their chances. 

Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...