Remember when coach Ariel Vanguardia told the media that he thinks his team needs a small forward in the caliber of a Matthew Wright?
He was true to his word and contacted Phoenix about Wright. What was shocking in a way was that Phoenix was still responsive about Wright even though the rumor was that Wright will already go to another International League.
Unfortunately, Blackwater ended the talk when Phoenix asked for Brandon Ganuelas-Rosser. If you remember, I have this article (PBA Trade Rumors: Blackwater's best trade offers for Matthew Wright!) wherein I actually recommended Brandon for Wright.
I understand why Blackwater is not willing to give up Brandon because he is a #1 pick and the potential seems to be high.
Nevertheless, they are underestimating the level of talent Wright is currently in. Wright is a top 10 player right now in the PBA.
They never had one. If they have the ability to pay a top 10 player like Wright, I think it is wrong to say no just to protect a potential top 10 player like Brandon.
Specially if we consider the reality that their starting frontcourt could be set already in the near future with Yousef Taha and Ato Ular.

Comments
Post a Comment