2023 PBA Mock Draft 9.0: San Miguel or Ginebra, who will get the #1 pick of Terrafirma?

 


Are we about to have a historically deep draft?

1 DYIP Deschon Winston - He is still the guy for this draft. He is currently averaging 21.3 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 3.0 steals and 43% FG per game. He is a monster on both ends of the court.

2 NOR One of Paras/Thirdy/Ramos/Baltazar - I have not gotten any information that will end my expectation that one of this big four names will join the upcoming draft.

3 BWE Zavier Lucero - With their connection to the MVP group. I expect Blackwater to take the best available name coming out of UP and Ateneo. That could be Lucero who is a hardworking forward with variety of skills.

4 MER Luis Villegas - This is the reason why losing may end up to be a good thing for Meralco. They can grab a giant that their team badly need. Villegas will be the dream catch for Meralco because of his deadly three-point shot.

5 ROS Sedrick Barefield - I understand that he just a signed a contract in Taiwan but it was only for a year. So, I think the PBA is still possible for him. Rain or Shine may end up grabbing him if this is how loaded the draft.

6 ROS Keith Datu - I think they need a bigman. I am really intrigue about Datu because he came from America and he played as a wing there. So, he has wing skills to support his size advantage here in the country.

7 PHX Brandon Bates - Phoenix  badly need a center. At this point of the draft, Bates is the best name available. He is a traditional bigman who has the size to become a starting caliber center in the PBA.

8 BWE Juan Gomez de Liano - I think Blackwater will choose between Ricci Rivero and Juan here. And they will choose Juan because of his better overall pedigree over Ricci..

9 NLEX Ricci Rivero - The reality is, Rivero's draft hype has been on the down trend in the last few years. Nevertheless, it is still hard for me to see him in the 2nd round. So, I think NLEX will grab him here.

10 NOR Caelan Tiongson - Assuming that Ginebra wants him. I do not think they will take the risk of waiting for him the second round. So, they can talk to Northport and grab him at this point!

11 DYIP Kenmark Carino - Terrafirma will do the right thing and choose a 6'7 center that has long arms and quick feet. Kenmark may end up being something good in the PBA if given enough time to develop.

12 MAG Will Gozum - If Gozum managed to get the NCAA MVP award, he could catapult into the top 8. If he fails to do so, I expect Magnolia to catch him here.


Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...