PBA Power Ranking: Top 10 Contenders - Converge should be #1?



 This 2022 PBA Commissioner's Cup has the potential to end up as one of the most entertaining tournament in this decade.

So, who are the top 10 contenders, so far?

#10 Meralco 
Meralco is back in the top 10 after deciding to bring KJ McDaniels. McDaniels debut was not that explosive but the talent is still very obvious.

#9 Northport 
I think there are clear reasons now to give up on Northport. But, I still believe that Robert Bolick is playing like an import and he has the ability to carry them somewhere in the playoffs.

#8 Rain or Shine
They decided to bring in a smaller import that they can use in the Governors' Cup. I think, this is a clear indication that they understand what is the current stance of their roster and performance in this tournament.

#7 Phoenix
The 2022 PBA draft haul of Phoenix will end up to be one of the best ever in the second round as Tyler Tio is looking like a legit future superstar. While Encho Serrano can also end up there!

#6 San Miguel
With the way the chips are falling, there is a good chance that SMB will end up with a twice-to-beat disadvantage. It will be hard to bet on them if they have that disadvantage against one of the top 2 teams. Specially if Junemar Fajardo is not there.

#5 TNT
With the ongoing Mikey Williams debacle, I think TNT do not deserve to be part of the top 4. Will the long rest be helpful for TNT? Or, will it further break the team?

#4 Converge
I saw a big website who already have Converge as #1. I think, that is too early for a young team. Specially with the fact that the top 3 teams in this list is also playing elite basketball with a much better roster.

#3 Magnolia
I want to put Magnolia in the top 2 because of the consistency of their play so far but I also do not think that they have shown a peak that is higher than that of Ginebra and Bay Area.

#2 Ginebra
I am pretty sure Ginebra fans are happy to finally have a locale player who is consistently acting like the main guy of the team. Scottie Thompson is now the face of the franchise and he is making sure that that will not change, anytime soon.

#1 Bay Area
I know that they just suffered a defeat on the hands of the struggling Meralco Bolts. But they are still the top scoring team and they are still the best in terms of forcing the worst efficiency for three-point shooting.

Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...