I know that Jamie Malonzo is just new to Barangay Ginebra. But I am pretty sure the management of Ginebra saw his posts in social media, trying to attract Mikey Williams.
According to coach Tim Cone, Jamie is the future of the team. If he is the future, then his opinion should matter by now.
Is there a trade out there that will make both sides, happy? How about this one!
Ginebra will receive Mikey Williams and TNT 1st round pick and Jaydee Tungcab
TNT will receive Jeremiah Gray and Christian Standhardinger
The center of the trade is Mikey Williams and Christian Standhardinger. Between the two, Mikey deserves a higher trade value because of his better performance in the last two years.
I understand that Standhardinger was a monster in his stint in Northport but we cannot put much weight into his performance there because that was a few years ago and he was playing for a non-contender.
To compensate, Gray will be given up in exchange for Tungcab and a 1st round pick. Basically a blue-chip prospect for a good prospect and a lottery ticket.
With the few minutes that Jeremiah has played in the PBA, I do not think that he has legitimize himself as a future superstar. He was before the draft but with what have seen so far, that will not happen anytime soon.
So, TNT will end up getting a center that will help them in their present and short-term championship aspiration. While they get a blue-chip prospect that they are familiar with.
On the other hand, Ginebra will get a Mikey Williams that I think is the best fit to be the partner of Scottie Thompson

Comments
Post a Comment