Coach Yeng Guiao of Rain or Shine is undoubtedly the most blunt talker in the PBA today. He just speaks his mind without fear for anything.
He did that again and now the object of his tirades was the PBA itself. He was not a fan of the decision of the PBA to let Bay Area have the right to a substitute import in case of an injury.
Rain or Shine suffered from that because according to coach Yeng, they prepared for Myles Powell, not Andrew Nicholson.
He even said that the PBA is embarrassing their own team by giving a lot of options to Bay Area.
I understand where coach Yeng is coming from but I do not really see it as a big negative if we consider every aspect of the PBA.
I am also not sure that they are not actually allowed to have a standby import. I think, they can. They can easily tell the PBA that they want to have early preparation for the Governors' Cup.
And overall, I would rather see the PBA give some options to the foreign team to make sure that they enjoy their experience here and join again in the future.
Also, there are way more issues of PBA governance that I am actually happy to see them allow a team to gain some advantages knowing the big advantages that they are giving to some squads in the league.

Comments
Post a Comment