I am quite excited about the upcoming PBA draft. I just have this good feeling that we will have very good draft. Very good draft means quality player to choose from for the #1 pick.
Looking at the rumors and reading the movements and reports about the potential entrants, I think there are five strong candidates for the #1 pick.
Namely, Justine Baltazar, Deschon Winston, Sedrick Barefield, Luis Villegas and Henry Galinato.
There are still a lot of things that can happen from today up to the draft but right now, we can still rate the likelihood that they will end up as the #1 pick.
#5 Henry Galinato
Henry has a chance to be the #1 pick of the upcoming draft because of the vibes that he will give to the scouts. He is really big and strong but agile enough to make them crave to develop him. But being the least productive out of these five, I will put him a #5.
#4 Deschon Winston
It seems like Deschon is still healing from the injuries that he suffered last year. The injury concern and the bad end with DLSU are the negatives that pushes Winston to my #4.
#3 Luis Villegas
Villegas is currently playing in the PBA 3x3 and it seems like he is currently the most likely to enter the upcoming draft. A 6'8 bigman who can shoot very well and who knows how to use his size to defend the rim is a hard player-type to find in the PBA. That gives Luis a good case to be the #1 pick of the upcoming draft.
#2 Sedrick Barefield
Sedrick has been playing near the Philippines in the past several months. This is a good sign that he wants to play in the PBA. He made a mark in his stint in Dubai with the Strong Group and he will get another opportunity to show-off by playing with the Bay Area Dragons. A good performance there and I think that will make him deserving of the #1 pick of this upcoming draft. I also think that Ginebra and Magnolia will be interested to get a talent like Sedrick.
#1 Justine Baltazar
I think Justine has the strongest case to be the #1 pick of the upcoming draft. With what happened to his shot in playing in the Korean Basketball League, it seems like Justine is now out of options. He is popular in the Philippines already and a lot of people are high about him.

Comments
Post a Comment