(c) PBA Media Bureau
One of the mistakes of the Beermen in game 5 was letting Balkman take 34 shots, making 14 of it. Balkman took 39% of the shots of the Beermen which limited their top local scorers to less than 13 shots.
Can Ginebra maintain their defense and settle this series in game 6? Let us find out.
KEY FACTORS
Three-point Shooting
Bench Scoring
Chris Ross
Both squads struggled from beyond the arc in game 5. Ginebra went 4/21 and three of it came from Scottie Thompson. On the other hand, San Miguel only managed 3/26 with Chris Ross and Arwind Santos combining for 1/16.
Coach Leo Austria went to his usual juice-every-ounce out of his reliable-6 style in game 5 and they suffered for it. Their bench only contributed 5 points in total. Ginebra was no better with their 13 points but for game 6, I think the guys on the bench will be more vital as ever.
Chris Ross should stop his love-affair with the three-point shot. Yes, the majority of his attempts were open but he has not proven in his career that he is a reliable catch-and-shoot shooter. He should drive more to put more pressure on the defense.
PREDICTION
I love the fact that Brownlee went away from the spotlight in game 5 and did a lot of the dirty works as the locals helped in the scoring department.
I expect the locals of Ginebra to shoot better from beyond the arc in this game. In their game 4 victory, they managed 13/24 from beyond the arc.
But I also expect the same for the locals of San Miguel. And I think San Miguel will outshoot Ginebra. Chris Ross may continue to struggle but Arwind Santos and Christian Standhardinger on their bench should play much better.
I am anticipating another close match with San Miguel winning the match and forcing a game 7.

Comments
Post a Comment