(c) PBA Media Bureau
I told you! I told you! Calvin Abueva will be traded.
Yes. The SMC squads failed to capitalize, or maybe Alaska never wanted to help SMC knowing their history with them?
Let us talk about that in another day.
Calvin Abueva will finally get another chance in another franchise to try and gain back legitimacy to his career.
And Alaska? They are pure again.
So, the official trade was:
Phoenix received:
Calvin Abueva
Alaska received:
2019 1st PHX
Karl Dehesa
This was the statement by Alaska, through coach Alex Compton regarding the trade:
“We would like to thank Calvin for his 6 years of service with Alaska and the good memories. We felt as a franchise it was best for both Alaska and Calvin to have a fresh start at this time.”
It seems like Calvin Abueva had been playing for Alaska Aces forever. So, I will not be shocked if you double-check if he really played just six years for the historied franchise of the Aces.
My biggest takeaway from this trade is this, Alaska tried to confirm first that they can win and maintain their popularity without him. They did.
I think, they realized that Calvin is not already the face of their franchise. The rise of the Muscle Man provided a great replacement that adhered to their standards.
It seems like Calvin Abueva had been playing for Alaska Aces forever. So, I will not be shocked if you double-check if he really played just six years for the historied franchise of the Aces.
My biggest takeaway from this trade is this, Alaska tried to confirm first that they can win and maintain their popularity without him. They did.
I think, they realized that Calvin is not already the face of their franchise. The rise of the Muscle Man provided a great replacement that adhered to their standards.
On the other hand, I love that Phoenix did it. They basically created one of the most entertaining duos in the PBA in Matthew Wright and Calvin Abueva.
Wright is a great outside scorer. Abueva is one of the fiercest slashers. Combine them and coach Louie Alas may have the two wings he needs to help the Phoenix rise to the top.

Comments
Post a Comment