2021 PBA Mock Draft 1.0: Ginebra got a 6'6 point guard! SMB got a Tautuaa-lite!


There are still no conclusive things about the upcoming draft, other than the date. There are a lot of players who already declared. While there are people who are also pushing for a Gilas draft.

So, in this edition, we included a Gilas draft.  

GILAS DRAFT

#1 DYIP: Justine Baltazar - I think, the hype for Baltazar increased when coach Tab Baldwin talked about his potential of playing in the wing even at 6'7. We can clearly see that the potential of Baltazar is really high.

#2 NOR: Kobe Paras - Northport will go for the best player available and knowing who Kobe Paras is, he should be the guy here. Just imagine a five of Bolick, Paras, Ferrer, Anthony and Standhardinger.

#3 NLEX: Calvin Oftana - I think the MVP group will be relieved that the NCAA MVP will fall to them. Oftana is looking like a capable shooter already with above-average athleticism. He is versatile in a lot of ways.

#4 NLEX: Javi Gomez De Liano - Next to Oftana is another forward who is also a capable shooter. I am pretty sure coach Yeng Guiao will appreciate the shooting prowess of the Javi-Oftana combo.

#5 ROS: Jaydee Tungcab - He may not ring a bell to any casual fans but Tungcab is a good fit for Rain or Shine because he is a hard worker in the court and do his very best on the defensive end.

REGULAR DRAFT

#1 DYIP: Jamie Malonzo - It boils down to Malonzo and Munzon for the #1 pick. I think Malonzo will be the choice because he is more capable of playing as a bigman than Munzon.

#2 NOR: Jason Brickman - Brickman played a big role in the Alab Pilipinas. That made me believed that the SMC group is pretty high on him. Fortunately for Northport, they also need a point guard.

#3 NLEX: Joshua Munzon - NLEX will go for the best prospect available and I think, Munzon is a clear choice. He is not a bigman but with his height and length, he can play with Ravena and Alas.

#4 NLEX: Troy Rike - After grabbing three forwards with their first three picks, NLEX will go for a center and I think Rike is the best choice at this point. Rike is already going for threes which will be embraced by coach Yeng.

#5 ROS: Alvin Pasaol -  I think Rain or Shine will soon look for a Face of the Franchise type of player. Unless Mocon or Nambatac clearly established themselves. Although, Pasaol will be a different breed of animal.

#6 MAG: James Laput - I am hoping that we can have a much clearer view of the hype for Laput in the coming weeks. For this mock, I will maintain that he is the best guy for Magnolia.

#7 ALA: Jeremiah Gray - I think if Gray is available at this point, Alaska will appreciate his athleticism and high potential. Jeron Teng failed to established himself as the clear #1 guy. So, how about another option?

#8 SMB: Brandon Ganuelas-Rosser -  It will help a lot that Matthew Ganuelas-Rosser, the older brother is with the Beermen. Grabbing one of the premium centers in this class means the other teams will not get him.

#9 MER: Santi Santillan - Meralco will go for a bigman and I think Santillan is the best option for them with all the available. With his high level of skills, he will be a good glue to a team with Almazan and skilled wings.

#10 PHX: Larry Muyang - Phoenix did wonders by having their main frontcourt shoot above 40% from beyond the arc. That doesn't mean though that they are not lacking there. That is why Muyang is the choice.

#11 NOR: Franky Johnson - Northport may want to add another guard just in case Bolick will be unhealthy during the season. Johnson is more of a scorer but with his athleticism, I think he will be a good fit.

#12 BGSM: Taylor Statham - I wonder if coach Tim was already amazed at the skillset of Arvin Tolentino, how about the skillset of a Statham? He is a pristine passer who could fall in the draft because of the lack of hype.


Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...