2023 PBA Mock Draft 6.0: Ginebra chose a future superstar?



Here is our updated mock draft with the conclusion of the 2022 Philippine Cup.

1. DYIP - Sedrick Barefield

Sedrick signing a one-year contract makes me confident that he will join the upcoming PBA draft. My theory that San Miguel Corp. wants him is still strong in my eyes.


2. ROS - One of Paras/Thirdy/Ramos/Baltazar

Even though the PBA commissioner and the SBP chairman just "cried" to the senate because of the departure of these amateur players, I still think that one of these four will return to the country and join the upcoming PBA draft. 


3. NOR - Luis Salgado

Considering the rumors of the departure of Jamie Malonzo through a farm team trade and the unwillingness of Rike to return, I expect Northport now to target a bigman.


4. ROS - Remy Martin

I need to gauge properly if someone with Martin's pedigree will be valued in the PBA that he can overcome the names on the top 2. If not, then Rain or Shine can be the biggest beneficiary.


5. BWE - Zavier Lucero

If MVP group is still connected to Blackwater then this can be a dream draft. Lucero is arguably the second-best player in UP Fighting Maroons with a sky-level potential.


6. NLEX - Brandon Bates

Now that Brandon is back in the Philippines, I expect his hype to grow. He will play in the PBA 3x3 and I think this is a good platform to develop his draft stock.


7. PHX - Keith Datu

I think Datu is a very interesting prospect not only because he is 6'8 but because he played as a perimeter player in the United States. He is 6'8 and was taking and making pull-up three-pointers. 


8. BGSM - Deschon Winston

Yes, the upcoming draft could be very loaded that Winston will fall to the last five picks of the first round. Ginebra will be the perfect team for him.


9. MER - Juan Gomez de Liano

Even though Meralco is not really in need of a guard, the quality of Juan as a guard prospect is just too high for them to pass at this point.


10. MAG - Will Gozum

I think Gozum will be the most interesting target for Magnolia at this point. Magnolia's frontline depth is improving but not good enough yet.


11. BWE - CJ Lane

He could be the tallest player in the PBA if he joins the draft. So, I am really hoping that CJ will be participating and Blackwater should take advantage of it.


12. DYIP - Kenmark Carino

Another giant who failed to differentiate himself in the most recent PBA D League tournament. Nevertheless, height is still not something that a player can change.

Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...