PBA Power Ranking: Ranking the 13 teams for the 2022 Commissioner's Cup!

 


We are less than three weeks away from the start of the Commissioner's Cup. After three years, the Commissioner's Cup is back and the giant imports are here to dominate.

So, let me give you my ranking of the 13 teams!

#13 Terrafirma Dyip
Even though they have been using one of the top 2 picks for the entirety of their history in the PBA, Terrafirma has failed to build a competitive team.

#12 Blackwater Elite
They surprised us in the Philippine Cup but I am not a fan of the import that they have chosen. I do not expect another surprise run.

#11 Northport Batang Pier
If Prince Ibeh can be as monstrous as before, Northport may have a good defense. But, the rumored Malonzo trade and their thin frontline depth is enough for me t not take them seriously.

#10 Phoenix Super LPG
Now that Matthew Wright is not there and with an import that is not promising, it is really hard to be positive about the upcoming campaign of Phoenix.

#9 NLEX Road Warriors
I think the good performance of NLEX in the past few years is heavily connected to coach Yeng Guiao. Now that coach Yeng is not there, I will be pessimistic with NLEX.

#8 Rain or Shine
Rain or Shine added two awesome pieces for this upcoming Commissioner's Cup campaign. The coach that led them to championships is back and they signed a promising import.

#7 Converge Fibers Xers
I will put Converge above Rain or Shine because I think Quincy Miller will be better. If Quincy can be an elite stretch big, Converge can be the Blackwater of this 2022 Commissioner's Cup.

#6 Magnolia Hotshots
I am not that big of a fan of their choice of import. There is a chance that Nick Rakocevic can prove me wrong but I am not counting on it. Add the potential distress inside their locker room because of their failure to win a crown and I think Magnolia is just right to be in #6.

NEXT PAGE: Top 5 Teams!

Comments

NBA Trades: Who Really Won?

Loading trade...